Monday, September 27, 2010

Captain Chuck-a-Mucks

21088 MARINA RD.
RESCUE, VA 23424
(Carrollton, VA 23314 - for your GPS)
(757) 356-1005
(Call for the Captains table parties of 8 or more.)
















http://www.captainchuck-a-mucks.com/

Food:     9 out of 10 Mikes
Service: 9 out of 10 Mikes

What more can I say except WOW! Guy Fieri (Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives) had it right. This was our second visit to Chuck-a-Muck's (1st was my birthday, thanks Mike Jr.) and it was as good as the first. My family joined us on this visit and we tried almost everything on the menu and it was all good. We started with cups of the famous unisex crab soup, which I highly recommend and calamari - very crisp and cooked just right. My brother, daughter and son in law and I had the Captain’s Fried Seafood Feast which included: a Crab cake, deviled crab, shrimp, scallops, oysters, and Mahi-Mahi all fried with a very light breading and cooked to perfection accompanied with two sides - I choose cole slaw and succotash. It was an ample portion for two people (My brother and I  took home doggy bags for lunch the next day). Mike Jr had soft-shelled crabs and scallops which were large and very tasty. My wife and my mother had lump crab cakes which had just enough filler to hold them together, I would say about 95% lump crab meat. Even my 6 year-old grandson had shrimp and oysters which he really enjoyed. Most items are available as a meal with two sides and hush puppies or a boat - a lunch portion served as a sandwich with cole slaw and fries. The boat will satisfy the average appetite. We ended out meal with peach cobblers and ice cream and my daughter had Real Key-lime pie (very good) and Mike Jr had the peanut butter pie which was very rich. All of the food was very fresh (mostly caught locally) and well prepared.  We all went away very satisfied and looking forward to our next visit. The seating is benches at tables covered with white paper, seating is also available on the deck overlooking the marina. Waitstaff was very helpful and friendly, and the owner generally makes the rounds checking on everyone and takes time to visit with his guest.  Gratuity is added to parties of 8 or more. It is about an 45 minutes to an hour away from Tidewater, but it is well worth the drive. Directions are on the web site. Enjoy.

Mike Sr,

1 comment:

  1. I remember you telling me about this one. I still need to get out there. Love, love, love seafood.

    ReplyDelete